The Accumulated Campaign Service Medal (ACSM)
The following rules apply in order to be eligible for the ACSM:
To be awarded the ACSM, an individual must be the holder of the General Service Medal 1962 with clasp (i.e. Northern Ireland) and have completed 36 months (Reg Army & FT UDR/R IRISH) campaign service.
Part Time members of the UDR/R IRISH must have completed 1000 duties.
Full Time Members of The UDR/R IRISH:
- Must have completed 1080 duties in Northern Ireland to qualify for the ACSM.
- A further 1080 duties must be completed in Northern Ireland to qualify for the award of the first "Clasp". On completion of a further 1080 duties a second clasp will be issued and so on.
- Previous Regular Army or Part Time UDR/R IRISH service in an operational theatre can be added to Full Time Service to qualify as long as 1080 duties are completed.
- Training duties outside Northern Ireland do not count.
- If Part Time service is being claimed then evidence of Part Time earnings will be required from the Inland Revenue. (The applicant has to apply for this personally)
Part Time Members of The UDR/R IRISH:
- Must have completed 1000 Duties in Northern Ireland.
- A "Clasp" is issued for each additional 1000 duties completed in Northern Ireland.
- Regular Army and/or Full Time UDR service can be added to Part Time Service to qualify as long as 1000 duties are completed.
- Training duties (Annual Camp or Courses) outside Northern Ireland do not count.
- Training duties completed in Northern Ireland will count.
- Evidence of Part Time earnings will be required from the Inland Revenue. (The applicant has to apply for this personally)
If you feel you are entitled to the ACSM then write to:
Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency
(Joint Personnel Administration Centre)
MOD Medal Office
Royal Air Force Innsworth
Telephone enquiry line: 01452 712612 Ext 8149
|Please quote the following details:
Download this form, print it, fill it in, then send to the address on the form. Click App Form
Dates of Service
Date of Birth
Return to Index